The Parish church of Radein
The church was constructed at about 1400, the polygonal chorus and the six armed vault with the Holy Angel on the round end stone may date from this time. The long house with its simple star vault was constructed in 1500.
In 1913 the nave was enlarged with one bow and the tower built in 1601 till 1603 was built higher.
The church of Aldein is sacred to Holy Wolfgang, formal bishop of Regensburg and founder of many monasteries. The furniture is neo gothic. The only things remaining from the baroque are the statue of Holy Wolfgang on the south side of the church wall and the station of the cross. The neo gothic main altar which tabernacle is flanked by the statues of the Holy Paulus, Holy Wolfgang, Holy Petrus and Holy Nikolaus, was created in 1880 by Josef Rifesser from Gröden. The group with the Holy trinity is believed to be younger. On the rose formed window behind the altar is a picture of Jesus Christ as king of the world. The imagine above the vestry shows us the fourteen emergency helpers.
On the right sight altar is a Holy Heart statue, on the left one an Immaculata. There is a fresco on the gable with the good shepherd and his sheep together with a running away wolf. On the north outside wall, a fresco from Ignaz Stolz shows us the painful Holy Mother.
A fantastic view over the cemetery wall on the marvellous landscape and mountain world rounds up your visit to our parish church.